1. Click on the start button on your task bar. Though the visual icon may differ in some aspects, it should look similar to the windows icon shown here.
2. From the top left-hand corner, select the icon labeled: E-mail. Please note, on previous versions of Microsoft Windows, this icon may be labeled as: Outlook.
3. (Optional) To increase the window size, click the Maximize icon at the top right-hand corner of the window. This will cause the window to increase to the maximum available window size for your current desktop display settings.
4. By default your windows should be set into various sectional boxes. The box you are needing to modify should say Inbox at the top.
A. Place your pointer at the area of the window that says, Arrange By: Date.
B. Right click the Arrange By: Date and navigate your mouse pointer to Size as shown.
C. Left click on Size. This will cause Outlook to arrange your email by size. The default is for the larger emails to be placed at the top of the list.
5. Once your email has been set to sort by size, you may now review the larger emails removing any emails you no longer need.
A. You may select the emails by left clicking them with your mouse.
*(Optional Note)* – Speed things up
You may select multiple emails by using one of the following two methods:
- Holding down the Ctrl button on your keyboard while left clicking with your mouse, will allow you to select individual emails in any order.
- Holding down the Shift button on your keyboard while left clicking with your mouse, will allow you to select multiple emails in rows and/or columns.
6. Once you have selected all the emails you would like to remove, move your pointer to the large X icon as shown in the following example.
*(Optional Note)* – Another method
You may also select delete by:
- Clicking on Edit in the menu at the top left-hand corner. Selecting Delete.
- Holding down the Ctrl button on your keyboard, and pressing the D key.